New Year’s Resolution for Web Designers
Welcoming the new year is never complete without affirming the statement, “New Year, New Me.” Apart from the most awaited dinner time with the family, we get excited about embracing the upcoming year with a set of new year’s resolutions. But if you’re still wondering about your “to-do-and-not-to-do” list for 2020, then bring out your pen and paper. Together, let us make the top 10 new year’s resolutions for web designers.
1. Update Your Portfolio You must have been proud of yourself for the bountiful 2019 in your web designing career. Now is the time to skip the excuses and start to renew your portfolio and resumé. Imagine how good it feels to write about every opportunity you grabbed and the tasks you accomplished. Select the works that gratified you the most and feature its essential details.
2. Learn New Web Designing Software It is a necessity to know Photoshop, especially as a web designer. On the other hand, it won’t be a waste of time to discover more software and applications that may help you improve your designs. There is an impressive number of apps that you can use. If you haven’t done it yet, you may also try Illustrator and Typography in depth for better output.
3. Start Writing Blogs You are aware that you have the idea to share. Sure, you do. 2020 is the perfect time to begin your blogging career. This is an excellent way to exercise your brain in reminiscing all that you have learned in web designing. This may also help you improve when you start researching and reading web designing-related articles from other bloggers. You’ll never know how influential your writing can be until you start doing it.
4. Experiment a New Workflow Remind yourself to prioritize your productivity in the upcoming year. If you think that your 2019 workflow has been mundane, then it’s about time to establish a new one. You can start by experimenting with what you feel works best for your day-to-day. Figure out a particular flow that will help you out with your design where you can do more in a shorter period.
5. Avoid Working on Weekends The year 2019 probably made you feel like you should be extra productive, you need to work, and you want the money. On the other hand, you have to linger in your head that it is not mentally healthy for you to include your supposedly “time off” as a workday. Your customers will surely understand and respect that you need breaks. Give yourself the time to meditate and enjoy life without worrying about your job. If you, however, are required to be available during the weekend, then you can make concessions to have another web designer to do the work for you.
6. Involve Yourself in the Online World They say, “good things come for those who wait.” Nevertheless, it is not faulty to make the first move. You may start a Twitter account or Facebook page where you can plug yourself. You may not know how much a bunch of your friends and followers need a web designer for their sites. Do not be ashamed to promote yourself when you primarily see that you can help. Immerse yourself in social media where people may recognize your skill in web designing.
7. Interact with Other Web Designers Watching that famous web designer advising on YouTube is great. But how about following more web designers on Twitter and start associating with them? Sounds better, yeah? Try looping for an online community such as chat groups where you can connect with other designers. Imagine how exciting it would be to converse to people with the same field of experience as yours.
8. Attempt for a Work-Life Balance You have focused too much on productivity that you forgot you still have a life to manage outside work. Well then, start anew in 2020. Refresh your mindset. If you were too consumed with work this year, make sure that 2020 will be a balanced career-life journey. Reckon how you can create astonishing design schemes without having to sacrifice your time for your family or suspend activities with your friends or special someone.
9. Be More Patient with Annoying Clients Some clients give vague instructions as to how they want their sites to be done. Others wish for too many alterations after you made a deal about the fonts and color scheme. Some also bug you even during weekends. These moments are admittedly bothersome, chiefly because some customers do not understand that web designing is not a piece of cake. Yet, bear in mind that they also want to have an appealing website just as you fancy to create an appealing web design. Train yourself to be more patient when they have complains or questions about the design. This way, you may have a healthy flow during your project timeline.
10. Learn to Say “No” Every design opportunity is indeed a blessing. It is a chance to develop your skills, meet new people in the field, and earn money from experience. However, make 2020 different. I look forward to be a little pickier in the projects you choose. Don’t be afraid that you may throw away another opportunity. Think of it as a chance to get to know yourself better by selecting the job offers that you genuinely want. Now that you have read our top 10 new year’s resolutions for 2020, have you chosen the ones you want to add on your list?
Looking for a website designer to work on your website?
You may contact us and schedule a meeting at our Torrance office:
22519 Hawthorne Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505
#webdesign #websitedeveloper #manhattanbeachwebdesign #websitedesigner #torrancewebdesigner #webdesignintorrance #webdesigner #webdesignerintorrance #hermosabeachwebdesign #webprojects #redondobeachwebdesign #torrancewebdevelopment #webdesigntorrance #webdevelopmenttorrance